Goal: Find missing dimension of solids when given volume and two other dimensions.
1. Teacher model example.
2. Students complete small quiz.
3. Students work independently on Khan Academy.
4. Group work.
Goal: Calculate volume and surface area of prisms.
1. Teacher model examples.
2. Students work independently.
3. Students work in small groups to discuss packet work.
4. Teacher answer any packet questions.
5. Open practice.
Goal: Find volume and surface area of solids.
1. Review park question (see above).
2. Open practice (packet, Khan, or Quizlet).
Khan: Surface Area
Yesterday a inquisitive student asked how a rectangular prism and a right rectangular prisms were different. This website shows the difference and answers that question: Website with interactive solids.
*Note: Today's schedule is shorted to accommodate parent conferences.*
Goal: Calculate the volume and surface area of right rectangular prisms.
1. Math survey.
2. Students work independently on volume and surface area examples and conference individually with teacher.
3. Brainpop on geometry.
4. Students work on packets.
5. Students practice formulae and definitions via Quizlet or vocabulary packet.